endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
3rd SHIFT Controls Engineers for a new plant start up for a Major Global Automotive Supplier has immediate needs for Controls Engineers in their Birmingham/Tuscaloosa plant start up, candidate should be out of Automated Assembly Operations, candidates should have at least 3 plus years hands on expertise coupled with Bachelors degree
Specific Job Duties:
- Update, modify and continuously improve existing controls systems including robotic programs, Allen Bradley ladder logic, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, multiple operator interfaces, hydraulics and pneumatics distribution control.
- Design and develop new machine controls involving robotics, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and vision (Cognex/Keyence) applications.
- Coordinate in a professional manner with engineering and maintenance on existing machine controls modifications and issues keeping existing equipment function and production running.
- Knowledge of machine and plant networking solutions.
- Able to work with OEMs to guarantee new equipment is designed and built to the facility’s safety and controls standards.
- Knowledge of the integration of barcode scanners/cameras into PLC control systems.
- Provide electrical support for injection molding press systems (Cincinnati Milicron, Farrel, Van Dorn, Toshiba and Krauss Maffei)
- Provide electrical support for injection molding robotics (Wittmann, Star, Sepro and Milicron).
- Integrate assembly verification/poke yoke systems into existing equipment.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Candidate is expected to teach themselves functionality of new devices and controls systems as technology advances and equipment is updated.
- Assures that all systems are maintained at maximum acceptable levels.
- PC Hardware setup, troubleshooting, maintaining
- Basic LAN knowledge and functionality (TCP/IP)
- Basic LAN hardware knowledge (switches, cabling, routers)
- Software installation/upgrading
- Network printing
- Basic AD knowledge (disable users, change passwords)
- Windows 7
- Installing / troubleshooting label printers and hand held scanners
- Backup exec (or similar software)
- Ability to work on teams or alone
- Works with a "sense of urgency"
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to learn multiple software packages as required
- Able to read and update electrical schematic drawings
- Able to work well with others and serve as a mentor to the electrical team
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and systems involving Urethane reaction injection molding, Rotational dry cast cells, Vacuum forming, Paint cells, Laser scoring, water jets, sonic and vibration welding and others.
- Experience in RSLogix 5000, 500 Factory Talk View, Mitsubishi, Siemens and Omron PLC/HMI systems.
- Industrial protocols such as Ethernet, Profibus, RS-232, Devicenet, DH+.
- Strong deductive reasoning/problem solving skills.
- Visual Basic or other software design is a plus.
- AutoCAD design software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL/Access.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.