PURPOSE: The Controls Engineer will be an integral part of the engineering work throughout this tissue manufacturing and converting operation in the Southern US. Great opportunity to learn the industry and gain valuable technical skills from an experienced management team with a lot of room for career growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support to mill operations and maintenance to assist in achieving the desired business results.
- Provide engineering functions to support capital & maintenance related projects.
- Complete preliminary and authorization level engineering studies, including detailed scope development and capital cost estimates.
- Effectively manage projects to ensure adherence to the authorized project budgets and schedules.
- Coordinate maintenance and project construction activities to ensure quality while minimizing process-related downtime.
- Coordinate outside engineering and contractor resources as needed.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving daily mechanical or electrical problems with the mill’s machinery and equipment.
- Transfer troubleshooting knowledge to maintenance crews when solving problems
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5+ years Pulp and Paper or related continuous processing / manufacturing industry exp
- Ability to troubleshoot and work with maintenance / production team
- Strong communication skills