PURPOSE: The Process Control Engineer will provide technical support to the Maintenance and Engineering teams at multiple sites in the Southeast. Looking for solid tissue / paper industry experience to act as the Controls and Automation SME at their manufacturing and converting sites in the region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide primary support for Mill DCS control systems software and hardware reliability
- Perform project software design and programming for capital, maintenance and process optimization
- Updates loop and elementary drawings
- Programs, supports and maintains PI System and assist with troubleshooting and improving mill PLC systems.
- Assists Operations & Maintenance in troubleshooting and improving process controls systems
- Develop and execute the electrical aspects of capital projects and outage assignments as directed.
- Maintain and improve the reliability of our process control systems by eliminating production limiting failures, maintaining and improving assets
- Partner with operating, maintenance, and engineering and mill leaders to optimize mill control systems
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent training / experience
- ABB distributed control programming, hardware maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- ControlLogix programming, maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- Electrical project engineering experience designing and installing electrical systems.
- Experience managing capital projects