A great and growing company in Russellville, KY is looking to add to their team. The company is the leader in their industry and offers solid benefits and compensation as well as a strong company culture. Join the engineering team as an Electrical Engineer with a focus on automation.
Qualifications & requirements:
- 3+ years of manufacturing and engineering experience.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering preferred.
- Strong aptitude & willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience in a high-level programming language (ie. VB.net, C+, ect.) is highly desirable.
- Should be proficient with PLC programming – Rockwell Control Logix preferred.
- Experience with Oracle database and SQL is a plus.
- Experience with human-machine interface software is desirable – Rockwell FactoryTalk SE/ME preferred.
- Working knowledge of networking & TCP/IP communications. Cisco and Stratix switch experience a plus.
- Experience with virtual servers and thin client architecture.
This position is the Automation Engineer resource for the Unit and exists to assist and provide guidance in the realms of automation, PLC, computer, and electronic control schemes: providing direction to projects, process, and maintenance operation of production equipment, in a manner that improves the Units’ relative competitive position. This position involves project work, as well as software design, development, and day-to-day system maintenance activities. This position will also set the long-term automation/controls architecture for the Unit.
Engineer will either directly manage or participate in teams executing improvement projects as directed by the strategic plan and plant leadership. Provide direction in design, development, implementation, and procurement activities associated with computer hardware, software systems, PLC systems and other control equipment. Will participate in reliability improvement teams and provide pro-active direction on optimizing existing equipment to support aluminum shredding, melting, and casting.
Essential Physical, Sensory, and Mental Requirements:
Will sit 3, stand 3 and walk 2 hours daily. Will stoop, climb, kneel, and use ladders or stairs daily. Will lift no more than 50 lbs. Use computer & telephone daily. Time pressure is normal. Works on unlevel, unstable, and slippery surfaces. Good vision, hearing & speaking abilities necessary. Must read, write, measure, draw conclusions, create methods, conduct research, develop plans, direct & evaluate others and do difficult math. Will work indoors, outdoors, at a desk or in a control room daily. Chemicals, vibration, extreme heat & cold, dust, dirt, fumes, and noise are typical daily surroundings.
Knowledge of electrical process theory combined with team-based organizational management techniques. Individual must think independently in this position but work effectively in a team-based environment with a wide cross section of employees from entry level operators / crafts people up to senior plant management. Most problem-solving exercises and improvement projects utilize a wide cross section of employees. Previous industrial experience is preferred along with hands on experience in maintenance.
Additional Technical Skills
- Equipment Maintenance
- Equipment Selection
- Programming – PLC, VB.net, SQL
- Operation and Control
- Equipment Troubleshooting – Electrical and Mechanical
- Operations Analysis