PURPOSE: The Control Engineer will work within the Controls Engineering group at this recycled Paperboard operation in the Southeast. The operation recently updated most of its machinery, production lines, and switched over to ABB (with some Honeywell). Open to various levels of experience, but need solid heavy manufacturing background.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within Controls Group; Troubleshooting, Design, Projects, Implementations, Upgrades, etc.
- Develop and implement automation control strategies that resolve process problems, improve product quality, reduce downtime, and lower costs.
- Create system documentation that could include control schematics, operational narratives, loop sheets, software backups, and troubleshooting files.
- Serve as system technical support for maintenance and operations personnel in control-related problems.
- Help direct activities of maintenance, operations, or contract personnel as necessary for implementation of projects
- B.S. in Electrical, Chemical, or related engineering field preferred
- 3-5+ years experience in a related position in heavy manufacturing
- Previous Pulp & Paper industry experience a plus
- Experience with ABB, still use some Honeywell
- Experience with all phases of automation project implementation
- Functional experience with all components of an instrument-based control loop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions