Viewing Job - Controls Engineer [EB-1780961003]
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
This position provides 24-hour production equipment master troubleshooting support. Supports model year changes and warranty process changes. Aids design and implement process changes to improve cost, safety, quality, and speed and data integrity. Responsible for the programming and troubleshooting of computerized equipment, PCs, and programmable controls.
Education & Experience
- Maintenance and modification of automated and computerized machinery and related data collection systems (MES)
- Technical support
- Special projects as needed
- Control’s programming and troubleshooting
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Follows company policies, standards, and specifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Prior experience with the following software: Siemens TIA Portal and Simatic Manager Step 7, Rockwell Studio 5000, RSLogix 500, FactoryTalk ME.
- Ability to learn new software such as ABB Robotics Studio and Emerson Servo
Physical and Mental Demands of the Job
- Experience in network protocol (managed switches, TCP/IP, NAT translation, etc.) is a plus.
- Must possess experience in MES.
- Must be a self-starter, possess initiative and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Continue professional growth and knowledge through ongoing training and education.
- Good reasoning/diagnostic ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems in dealing with complex machines and process problems. Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Should have excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with stressful situations.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and displays a great attitude.
- Be available to work overtime when needed to complete projects and support the assembly process.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group, is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- May be required to work extended hours.