ABOUT OUR CLIENT
One of the largest craft breweries in the United States. They brew awesome beers on both coasts, and create amazing experiences at their bistro and taproom locations. They’ve enjoyed an incredible 26 years of following their passion, and are in search of people who are also passionate about pursuing their craft to join the team.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses
- Paid Time Off - including Vacation accrual, Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
- Up to 75% off beer, merchandise, and bistro discounts
- Free daily and monthly beer allowance
- Tuition Assistance Program and Computer and Business Skills development training
- Employee Assistance Program - free counseling and resources for work-related and personal needs
- Cicerone Beer Server Certification
Seeking a Process Controls Engineer to support our production operations. This individual will identify, develop, and implement controls and instrumentation improvements, projects, and new technologies to achieve increased productivity and quality, and enhanced production flexibility and capacity. They will provide daily process and automation support to the Brewing, Packaging, Operations and Maintenance teams to ensure all aspects of production are operating correctly.
- Assist Production and Maintenance Departments during production operations by troubleshooting, identifying and repairing technical problems quickly.
- Specify, program, diagnose, repair, and tune PLC controls, wiring, instrumentation, actuators, VFDs, and SCADAs. Work with operators and vendors to perform root cause analysis on failing systems.
- Utilize PLC and SCADA programming to drive process improvement.
- Develop HMI and data visualization applications to meet the needs of operations.
- Assist in identifying and implementing future innovations in the automation of the brewery, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and the brewery’s environmental footprint.
- Establish Electrical, Instrumentation, and Controls (EIC) related process and equipment standards.
- Manage and execute projects related to brewing, packaging, and quality processes. These processes include milling, conveying, mashing, brewing, cleaning, fermentation, kegging, bottling, labeling, canning, packaging, palletizing, and water/wastewater operations
- Develop schedules, work break down structures, deliverables, budget and resource plans. Develop the scope of assigned projects and execute projects on-schedule and under budget.
- Be hands-on in the design, build, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of all equipment and processes.
- Assist in achieving department KPIs, business and production goals.
- Work with the brewery management team to lead process improvement initiatives.
- Mentors/coaches all personnel within the department related to improvements/projects or support under this person’s responsibility.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Education: Bachelor’s degree highly in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical, Engineering or a Physics or Computer Science degree.
- At least 2 years of related experience designing, commissioning, and troubleshooting controls and instrumentation systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience troubleshooting analog signal loops
- Proficient in AutoCAD LT.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting PLCs. Allen-Bradley Preferred.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting HMIs and SCADAs. Allen-Bradley and Ignition Preferred.
- Must have engineering experience gained through the direct support of a manufacturing or product development function. Hands-on experience with the configuration and troubleshooting of the instrumentation and controls of large scale processing equipment and the associated PLC controls is required. Experience with food processing equipment is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and CAD (AutoCAD preferred). Must have an understanding of Ethernet/IP. Knowledge and interpretation of National Electric Code, knowledge of IEEE standards and knowledge of UL508A a plus. Modbus TCP knowledge a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher is very desirable.
- Travel Requirements: occasional travel required to other Brewing Operations .