Summary of Responsibilities
The Electrical Controls Engineer works as a member of the Maintenance and Facilities Team to support 24/7 production operations. This role’s primary job responsibilities include modernizing existing equipment and working with others to detect and correct manufacturing issues. In addition, this role is responsible for supporting and developing control systems, electrical needs and computer technology and software.
The Electrical Controls Engineer will frequently interact with shift teams, support team members and the electrical maintenance team to support the Production budget.
• Believes in the “Safety First” philosophy and complies with all safety standards. Actively participates in safety programs and is a safety advocate.
• Responsible for analyzing plant electrical processes and designing and implementing improvements.
• Modernizes existing equipment to meet the needs of Production.
• Works with others to detect manufacturing problems and implements solutions.
• Supports and develops existing and new project control systems including PLCs, HMIs, DCS and SCADA.
• Supports and develops existing and new project electrical needs including low voltage power distribution systems, variable frequency drives, motor starters, motors and heater controls.
• Performs electrical system maintenance as needed including switchgear, transformers, distribution and controls equipment.
• Supports computer technology and software including CAD, PLC, HMI, server and control system networks.
• Leads and/or supports small to medium scale capital projects including electrical, instrumentation and controls elements to achieve reliability improvements.
• Provides training to personnel on control systems and projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques.
• Ability to work with many departments and external entities to accomplish goals.
• Ability to systematically, logically and accurately find the root cause of issues and correct them accordingly.
• Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Distributed Controls Systems (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisitions (SCADA) and Computer-aided Design (CAD) is required.
• Flexible availability to support off-shift process response and special projects.
• Ability to work independently and on a team completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
• Ability to safely complete tasks associates with the essential job functions. These tasks may include extensive climbing, walking, lifting, bending, standing, carrying and squattingClick here to apply online