endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Controls Engineer will provide support to our manufacturing operations to ensure the plant is meeting operational and financial goals. In addition, responsibilities will include providing Electrical Engineering support. This role will be responsible for evaluating current and future needs for the asset management of plant equipment. This position includes performing unplanned, planned, preventative, predictive and corrective electrical and control systems maintenance to core process and auxiliary equipment in a continuous process manufacturing plant.
- Ability to lead and perform control systems engineering for all aspects of projects with limited guidance.
- Systems analysis and troubleshooting.
- Development of preventive and predictive maintenance procedures.
- Prepares and reviews technical electrical specifications for equipment and processes.
- Assist facility with manufacturing operations as well as execution of electrical safety initiatives.
- Productivity and Quality Improvement (compliance with ISO 9000 certification requirements).
- Maintenance planning and scheduling support.
- Capital project management.
- Utility management.
- Six Sigma, SPC, Lean, 5S, and TPM applications, sponsorship, and team development.
- Application of "Best Practice" technologies.
- Compliance with all safety/environmental standards, and promotion of safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 3 years of experience in process loop control systems engineering in a continuous and/or discrete manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated electrical and control system engineering capabilities.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley AC variable speed drives
- Experience in maintenance, operation, troubleshooting and repair of PLC systems.
- Demonstrated ability to provide solutions to basic project and process engineering problems.
- Solid knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI applications (including programming) along with communications within enterprise and control networked systems.
- CAD (AutoCAD) experience and ability to read and interpret electrical and control drawings
- Demonstrated capabilities in working collaboratively with internal and external engineering resources.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proficient in computer applications and analysis of process data.
- Ability to visually inspect and troubleshoot electrical/process control systems
- Ability to travel periodically, domestically and internationally.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Industrial Database systems (WonderWare).
- Experience in VMWare.
- Knowledge of Servers and Thin Clients technology
- Experience in electrical power distribution, equipment, protection and sizing
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of the NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace -- arc flash energy and shock hazards.
- Demonstrated experience in the engineering and implementation of 480V (Switchgear, Power Distribution Panel, Motor Control Center) and 4160V Power Distribution Systems.
- Six Sigma Certification a plus. Solid analytical ability to determine and develop solutions to moderately complex problems
- Experience in Siemens variable speed drives / European control schemes a plus
- Knowledge of Siemens PLCs.
- Experience in polymer science or textile manufacturing a plus.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.