PURPOSE: The Controls Engineer is an essential member of the engineering staff involved in managing and supporting instrumentation and engineering for controls projects throughout the pulp and utilities areas. Looking for well rounded engineer with previous paper or chemical industry experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support controls and automation systems throughout operation
- Assist and provide expertise to Maintenance and Engineering teams, all levels as needed
- Development and execution of repair plans and updates/maintenance for DCS, PLC and PI systems
- Oversight of the process control fiber optic media server base network
- Providing controls engineering support for DCS, PLC and PI systems as well as leadership in capital and other mill projects
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years Experience in Pulp & Paper, Chemicals, or related continuous manufacturing operations
- Experience working with process controls and network systems for pulp & paper preferred
- Ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, be organized, detail oriented, open to challenging opportunities, and driven to excel
- Additional company-paid training/education will be provided as needed.
Pulp & Paper