Viewing Job - Controls Engineer 2nd Shift [EB-1101324973]
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!Assembly Automation ManagerThis position reports directly to the Assembly Automation Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties.General Job Duties:
Specific Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem-solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow Company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the employee handbook.
- To follow the safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- Participate and support all Lean, Continuous Improvement Programs, initiatives and activities.
- Be flexible with work schedule to work varying hours due to the availability of time to work on machine issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assembly Automation Manager and or Senior Automation Engineer.
Educational RequirementsA bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Science or Technology area or 5 years related work experience in a technical field.Related Work Experience:
- Design, maintain, and continuously improve all Assembly robotic equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Manage all phases of secondary equipment to ensure successful new program launches.
- Continuously improve secondary equipment and assembly processes through increasing machine uptime and capability while decreasing machine cycle time.
- Implement error-proofing systems throughout the department.
- Ensure all robot programs are backed up and up to date.
- Design, install and maintain assembly end of line testing systems.
- Implement error-proofing systems to eliminate the possibility of assembly errors.
- Implement continuous improvement projects to improve machine capabilities.
- Support LEAN manufacturing including lean thinker and winning teams’ programs.
- Review new technologies, benchmarking them against other divisions, as well as other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient computer skills a must (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD, Solid Works).
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and participate as a team player.
- Robotic programming and troubleshooting preferably with ABB products.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting, preferably with Allen-Bradley products.
- HMI software programming, preferably with Factory Talk software.
- Machine vision system programming.
- Machine design, build, and troubleshooting experience.
- Automation and controls experience.
- Project management experience.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.