- $70,000, depending on experience
- Automotive dealership
Responsible for managing the financial operations and human resources function in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Controller partners with the dealership’s general manager to provide analysis of the dealership’s financial results and assists in strategic planning for the dealership. Partners with the corporate human resources director to ensure human resource processes and policies are observed. Manages the accounting department and other staff as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Act as the liaison for corporate in implementing strategic objectives at the dealership.
- Partners with Corporate Shared Services to ensure accounting/HR policies and processes are followed by all store personnel.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable governmental finance regulations, including filing and/or maintaining of required forms, property tax, sales tax filings, etc.
- Ensure all vehicle deal, financial, payroll, and employee records are maintained, retained, and destroyed in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate processing of financial transactions to ensure accounting policies, procedures, and reporting requirements are being followed.
- Maintain appropriate segregation of duties in the accounting office.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and partner to the GM to maximize store performance.
- Provide data, analysis, and interpretation of dealership performance to the GM and advise the GM on trends, concerns and areas of opportunity.
- Provide department managers with detailed financial and management reports and interpretation of those reports.
- Select, train, manage and lead assigned staff.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or similar field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years automotive business office experience.
- Prior experience working with dealership software systems (i.e. CDK Lightspeed - NXT or EVO etc.) preferred.
Skills and Specialized Knowledge
- Working knowledge of personal computing software including Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data, reports, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from dealership and corporate management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- 401(k) Matching
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Interested candidates, please contact Kristin Frank at 602-788-5890 x.124 or via email at email@example.com.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!