An exciting private company is seeking a Controller for their growing business. You'll be a leader supporting the VP of Finance with full cycle, month end and financial reporting under ASPE, and will play an important role in building processes and policies around the expected business growth.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Prepare full cycle, month end and financial statements under ASPE
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and trending analysis
- Assist with internal stakeholders on required matters
- Perform various analyses and conduct various special projects
- Processing A/R, A/P and payroll transactions
- Assisting operations understand their costing
Your strengths include:
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or equivalent)
- Ideally 3+ years experience from a mid-size or Big 4 accounting firm
- Ideally 1-3 years industry experience in a similar sized private company
- Strong knowledge of ASPE and costing
- Strong full cycle and financial reporting, and associated variance analysis
- Advanced excel (pivot tables, vlookups) and experience with Sage 50
- Very hands on with superior communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage competing priorities
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Kyle Baltimore.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology