endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is conducting a search for a Controller who assists in managing of the Finance function of Plant and Corporate Operations. The Controller provides accurate, timely and meaningful financial information and helps guide continuous improvement. Reporting to the CFO.
Execute month-end closing and analysis of financial reports including variance reporting, reconciliations, documentation, and explanations as needed.
- Lead and manage annual audit of financial statements with CPA.
- Coordinate with CPA to manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Create, manage, and update all financial and business reports including consolidated Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide oversight and direction for sales and use tax reporting and business licenses.
- Responsible for supervising day-to-day corporate financial activities and company-wide adherence to corporate policies and procedures including approvals, controls, etc.
- Manage and prepare reports required by various financial institutions including bank exams, appraisals, monthly covenant reporting, etc.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for the accounting department (to ensure proper controls are in place and to continually strive to optimize and automate processes to maintain accuracy of accounts and the financial statements).
- Treasury/cash management including banking administration, approvals, controls, etc…
- Provide leadership and direction to optimize cash flow & streamline operations – AP, AR, Treasury/Banking, Month end close.
- Lead and direct the overall corporate annual budgeting process and consolidation
- Capital expenditure and fixed asset management
- Other potential responsibilities include ensuring compliance and actively participating as part of the 401K and healthcare administrative committees and supporting benefit plan reporting.
- Support growth through acquisitions including due diligence, transition, and integration
- Analyzing financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Inventory/Cost Accounting (Standards setting, inventory analysis & tracking, manufacturing variance analysis)
- Guide finance team to support operations (manufacturing, installation, distribution, and transportation) to support revenue growth, and drive improved margins through cost savings and productivity.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Provide leadership & direction to optimize cash flow & streamline operations – AP, AR, Treasury/Banking, Month end close, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction from an accounting and financial perspective to support a successful ERP implementation. (AR, AP, GL, Mfg/Inv)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of professional accounting experience and financial management with experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate (verbal & written) effectively and give articulate presentations in a group setting.
- Able to interact and communicate with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite. Expert using Microsoft Excel. Previous experience utilizing COGNOS business intelligence is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in application and interpretation of GAAP rules.
- Strong business acumen and professionalism to work closely with the internal business teams as well as external business partners.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.