My client, an award-winning General Contractor with strong ties to Minnesota & Wisconsin and Iowa; is looking to add a Controller to their team. This position is open due to growth in new and existing markets. The company also offers industry-leading compensation, with highly competitive salaries, excellent bonus payouts and health benefits. The work atmosphere is family orientated with a passion for the construction industry.
Ideal candidate will have a previous experience in the Construction Industry. CPA and/or CMA is a plus! S/He will be responsible for managing general accounting, A/P, A/R, payroll, project accounting and financial reporting.
- Preparation of Financial Statements monthly, quarterly, and year end
- Direct and coordinate annual Budget
- Analyze financial operating results identifying problem areas
- Review quarterly variance analysis Budget to Actual
- Maintain General ledger system to ensure proper recording within US GAAP
- Interpret operating results, make recommendations for cost reductions and process improvements
- Prepare various state agency reports for tax purposes
- Work with Financial institutions regarding banking activity, loan documentation/compliance and working capital, etc.
- Oversee employee 401k elections and contributions work with Pension specialists to ensure 401k compliance
- Supervision and development of staff A/P, A/R, and Payroll
- Coordinate year-end audit with external auditors
- BS Accounting required.
- 5-7+ years’ experience as a Controller
- 3+ years in the Construction industry
- CPA or CMA preferred
If you’re interested in beginning the interview process and learning more about this opportunity, please submit your resume.