Outstanding Opportunity! My client, a Fortune 500 company, is looking for a controller for its $50M operating division located in the greater Ventura, CA area. S/he will be responsible for strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting, cost analysis, and managing the finance team. S/he will be expected to partner with operations and serve as a strategic partner to the management team.
- Managing the month-end close process: Review and/or evaluation of monthly financial statements including analytical review, variances analysis; prepare monthly reporting to Leadership Team and highlighting any issues or concerns
- Maintaining corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure in conformance with GAAP and other laws/regulations
- Responsible for the administration, analysis, and reporting of the financial monthly & quarterly forecast, annual budget, and strategic operating plan
- Completing ad hoc financial analysis, ROI analyses, and FP & A work as needed
- Developing strategic partnerships with operational and functional leaders to help them identify, analyze and diagnose performance against the key performance indices identified by the company
- Managing the day to day activities of A/P, A/R, Inventory, Fixed Assets, General and Cost accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance and MBA, CMA or CPA preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in a financial leadership role (Manufacturing experience required)
- Broad financial knowledge required (including cost)
- ERP experience preferred
This company offers an excellent compensation package including a generous salary, bonus and benefit plan.