Our client is a growing, multi-location medical practice with offices throughout the Tampa Bay Area. They are hiring a Controller to be responsible for the financial health of the practice, including all the day-to-day accounting and consolidated financial statements. This position will report directly to the parent company's CFO.
- Complete month-end close
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Supervising accounts payable and general accounting department
- Preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly consolidated financial statements
- Maintain and improve internal controls
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly management reports.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget.
- Identify and implement new financial reporting packages
- Serving as a liaison to tax preparer.
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of accrual accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial close, consolidated reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and strong excel skills
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
- Healthcare Experience is preferred