Position Summary: This is not a passive, bean-counting job. We are looking for someone who wants to apply their analytical talents to drive meaningful operational improvements with our tightly-knit team.
Company: For over 30 years, our client has been serving the post frame construction industry. Our client supplies contractors in more than a dozen states with materials to construct post frame buildings for homeowners, businesses, and municipalities. Our client is very profitable and is having a banner year. The position is available due to retirement.
The Controller will be part of the leadership team, will have a voice in future strategic decisions, and will have the authority to execute on identified opportunities.
- Profitability: Analyze cost accounting to provide feedback to all departments on critical issues
- Inventory Management: Better integrate accounting and manufacturing systems for more lean and accurate inventory control
- Decision-making: Refine and evolve reporting and KPIs to generate ideas and guide strategic decisions
- Execution: Work with other managers to implement operational changes
- Human Resources: Provide senior leadership and oversight to the HR department
- Curious: Desire to explore, experience, and learn
- Proactive: Self-directed management of time, energy, and focus
- Collaborative: Enjoys working across functions within a team environment
- Experience: 5+ years of accounting or finance experience, with experience using ERP or MRP software
- Experience: 3+ years of HR experience, office management experience or similar a plus
- Prior management experience a plus (2 direct reports)
Reporting: Reports to and will work closely with the President
Development Path: Our organization is driven by learning and personal development, and we would like to support the growth of the Controller into a CFO through training, mentoring, and exposure to broader aspects of strategic management where appropriate.