Our client is a private equity backed manufacturer, looking to fill a key role on their management team.
The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
·Timely preparation of monthly management financial statements and prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the monthly and quarterly financial review and annual financial audit
-Oversees financial reports in order to provide a precise review of the company’s current and projected financial position, ensuring integrity of information
·Analysis and interpretation of financial information in order to appraise operating results and performance against budget/forecast.
- Evaluates current practices and policies and drives continuous improvement, researches and analyzes accounting matters
- Maintenance of an effective internal control environment including establishment and monitoring of policies.
- Lead the development of the quarterly forecasts and annual budget process
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Coordinates monthly closing process and prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the monthly and quarterly financial review and annual financial audit
- Enhance and maintain product costing, inventory, and operational accounting
-Maintain the chart of accounts
-Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
-Provide ad-hoc financial analyses as needed
-Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
-Coordinate with tax team to comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
-Preparation of information to secure appropriate levels of insurance coverage
BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
7+ years of progressive management, accounting and financial analysis experience
Mix of public and private experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics Navision) preferred