Controller – Automotive
As a controller at this prominent motorcycle/powersports dealership, you will be responsible for managing the financial operations and human resources department. You will partner with the dealership’s general manager to provide analysis of the dealership’s financial results and assist in strategic planning while also partnering with the HR department to ensure human resource processes and policies are observed.
- Oversee the accounting department and other staff as appropriate. Supports the dealership’s general manager, corporate controller and CFO with projects as required.
- Ensure all vehicle deal, financial, payroll, and employee records are maintained, retained, and destroyed in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate processing of financial transactions to ensure accounting policies, procedures, and reporting requirements are being followed.
- Maintain the general ledger and scheduled accounts, keeping subledgers in balance with the GL
- Provide data, analysis, and interpretation of dealership performance to the GM and advise the GM on trends, concerns and areas of opportunity.
- Provide department managers with detailed financial and management reports and interpretation of those reports.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or similar field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the business office of a multi-line powersports or automotive dealership with experience as the controller preferred.
- Prior experience working with dealership software systems (i.e. CDK Lightspeed - NXT or EVO etc.) preferred.
- Ability to work nights/weekends as necessary, primarily related to month end close procedures.
- Ability to travel for company business 2-3 times per year for periods of up to a week in duration.
To learn more, please contact Kristin at Kristin@apnusa.com or call 602-788-5890.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!