The Controller will lead the operations and administration of a fast-growing construction services company.
As Controller, manage all aspects of accounting and financial reporting for Client, ensuring that the organization’s financial records are accurate, timely, and compliant with internal and external requirements. The Controller maintains a comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risk, ensures the accuracy of financial records, and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as compliance with regulatory reporting. The Controller works with department heads on the management of their respective budgets.
The Controller oversees G/L, A/R, A/P, and Payroll and benefits, maintains financial systems and associated processes and procedures; and serves as an expert resource to all parts of the organization on accounting matters. The Controller works with staff and leadership to ensure financial processes, systems, and internal reporting support the achievement of organizational goals.
- Manage daily accounting processes and month- and year-end close, ensuring a professionally staffed and well-run Accounting function.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and sound internal controls.
- Develop and prepare financial statements for both internal and external use on an established schedule. Serve as an expert resource to the organization on accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Manage and oversee all financial systems to ensure timely, accurate and high-quality data.
- Work closely with external auditors to complete annual financial statement audit and 401(k) plan audit within established deadlines and fees.
- Oversee the time-keeping system and processes and semi-monthly processing of payroll.
- Work closely with the COO on key initiatives in support of the broader financial operations of the organization. Work with senior staff on management of their budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and at least five years related experience; CPA required. MBA a plus.
- Extensive experience with GAAP and accounting principles, practices, and regulations.
- Experience with audit preparation and execution.
- Experience managing engagements with service providers including accounting firms and law firms.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and general ledger accounting systems. Experience utilizing Xero a plus.
- Ability to analyze and apply independent judgment to the proper application of relevant regulatory framework to complex or unique transactions.
- Construction filing experience a plus.
- Innovative thinker with a track record of problem solving, developing action plans, and delivering results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, project management, and leadership skills.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.