Controller - Manufacturing - Covington
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Controller to join our group management team. The position is responsible for overseeing and financial and accounting functions, as well as being involved in a variety of other aspects of the operation, i.e. inventory control, quotes, receivables, etc. Candidates should also be familiar with various manufacturing processes and lean initiatives to further contribute to the profitability of the division.
· Manages established financial and accounting functions per GAAP and Company policies & procedures.
· Prepare journal entries, monthly closing reports, and reconciliations.
· Prepare monthly financial statements.
· Monitor and review the sub-ledger systems and reports for accuracy and completeness.
· Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance.
· Support purchasing to ensure the integrity of inventory transactions, including, cycle counts, valuation adjustments, and standard cost roll-ups.
· Perform banking functions, such as preparation of daily deposits, ACH payment processing, and bank reconciliation.
· Oversee monthly customer accounts receivable and collection status and reports to management as needed.
· Review daily sales batches for accurate pricing and gross margin, and update sales batches to sub-ledger.
· Review and resolve financial procedures, operations, and workflows among branch locations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Maintain Fixed Asset Inventory and update of data.
· Manage and coordinate year-end physical inventory processes, and be on-site during the counting process, as needed.
· Prepare annual budget for management approval
· Prepare Sales & Use tax, and Excise tax returns
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
· CPA designation is preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years as experience as a Controller, or combined relevant experience.
· Strong Microsoft Office experience.
· Previous experience with Sage Software is helpful.
Click here to apply online