Controller – Automotive Dealership
As a controller at this prominent automotive dealership, you will be responsible for reporting the financial condition of the total dealership to the general manager regularly and accurately. Additionally, you will provide sales and expense analyses summarizing potential problem areas and opportunities for improved profitability relative to monthly and annual forecasts. Qualified applicants will need to have strong previous experience in CDK system as you will be helping the dealership with transition to CDK.
- Prepares a complete monthly financial statement.
- Interprets the financial statement and the daily operating control (DOC) regularly and informs General Manger of developing trends..
- Participates in the preparation of short- and long-term financial forecasts for the dealership.
- Provides department managers with detailed financial and management reports.
- Maintains an effective cash management system that forecasts cash funds and makes recommendations for the profitable use of excess cash.
- Directs assessment of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Reviews the general ledger and scheduled accounts. Notes any unusual entries and investigates.
- Reviews the reconciliation of general ledger accounts with outside sources to ensure proper bank reconciliation, reserve accounts, factory payable and floor plan payable.
- Stays abreast of tax code revisions and advises dealer regarding any operational adjustments needed to accommodate revisions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government finance regulations, including filing and/or maintaining of required forms, payroll taxes and deposits, income taxes, retirement plan records etc.
- Manages the dealership computer system to maximize utilization. Will need to be confident in CDK to assist with DMS transiiton.
- Administers a loss review program and maintains loss reserves for contingent liabilities and trade receivables.
- Meets with General Manager to evaluate all insurance renewals.
- Coordinates annual audit (or review) and physical inventory.
- Ensures that all office personnel are using proper accounting procedures and maintaining accurate records and analyses and supervises the preparation of all information for the CPA in order to minimize audit or review costs.
- Train office personnel on CDK system.
- Continually strives to improve data integrity and information reporting throughout the dealership.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Previous experience as Controller - REQUIRED.
- Strong previous CDK experience – REQUIRED
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Experienced with business applications and accounting software – CDK
- Able to deal with confidential information appropriately
To learn more, please contact Kityra at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890 ext. 112.