Functions as a key business partner and member of the plant leadership team in a large sized plant with moderate to significant amount of complexity. Performs and coordinates all plant accounting and financial activities and ensures the financial integrity of plant operations. Additionally, this role leads the analysis of financial information, advises and supports management in making long-term, strategic financial decisions related to production planning, procurement and investments for the plant. Provides leadership/oversight for all plant finance and accounting activities for the following locations: West (Chino, CA; Fairfield, CA; and Tumwater, WA) or East (Allentown, PA; Mountain Top, PA; Napoleon, OH; and Wytheville, VA). This is an active management role requiring strong leadership skills, diverse analytical abilities, and a focus on continuous improvement.
Strong dotted line reporting relationship to the Beverage Sr. Controller. Serves as a thought leader to drive talent management, process improvements, and internal controls rigor in these four locations so the Sr Controller can more effectively deploy best practices across all Beverage facilities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as a business partner driving profitability:
- Provide financial direction and support to plant manager and core management team regarding financial planning, budgeting, accruals, or investment activities of the plant.
- Drive forward-looking, strategic vision for optimal results and coordinates/pushes the team to achieve their objectives.
- Measure performance and communicate results:
- Drive a daily focus on continuous improvement by leading efforts to proactively create, communicate and monitor plant-specific key performance indicators.
- Identify shortfalls in current state performance; lead the team towards creating solutions.
- Develop talent and grow business acumen:
- Ensure plant management understands operational levers that affect plant profitability and use that knowledge to drive profitability and ownership within the plants.
- Serve as a thought leader and share best practices across the locations.
- Primary facility contact person for audits of company accounts and financial transactions.
- Develop direct report(s) by executing effective goals / growth plans, performance reviews, etc. Direct reports should take an active role in plant discussions.
- Provide actionable information:
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports; lead discussions for all financial portions of plants’ monthly financial reviews/other meetings.
- Utilizes data from key financial systems in analyses to support decision making/actions on commercial evaluations and operational choices.
- Forecasting and budgeting activities
- Consistent delivery of accurate financial projections through tight coordination with plant management.
- Elevate projected risks/opportunities to management along with recommended actions.
- Prepare and review plant capital spending requests.
- Drive process improvements
- Drive a strong internal controls and policy compliance culture at the facilities in accordance with all organization policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives and current tax rules.
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the sites and lead deployment of best practices in close coordination with Beverage Sr Controller
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting
- Master's degree and / or CMA / CPA certification preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, plant manufacturing and cost accounting experience preferred
- High level of proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems, SAP R/3 experience (FI, CO, MM and PP modules) preferred
- Experience developing and leading annual budget, periodic forecasting and monthly closing process
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Previous experience in a SOX / GAAP accounting environment is preferred.
Click here to apply online