An award-winning contractor in the Port Charlotte/Ft. Myers, Florida area is looking to add a Controller to their team. This is a highly visible role within a stable, growing company.
The Controller will be responsible for managing the overall accounting function: A/P, A/R, payroll, project accounting and financial reporting, payroll and sales tax reporting, and banking relationships, etc. Previous construction industry experience is required.
- Preparation of timely financial statements monthly, quarterly, and year-end in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Analyze financial operating results, identifying problem areas and making recommendations for improvement
- Review quarterly variance analysis budget to actual
- Interpret operating results, make recommendations for cost reductions and process improvements
- Perform and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Review and evaluate capital expenditure requests
- Provide job costing information as needed.
- Manage, train and supervise accounting staff
- Coordinate, prepare and file lien documentation as necessary
- BS Accounting
- MBA, CPA OR CMA is a plus
- 5-7+ years’ experience as a Controller
- 3+ years in the Construction industry required
The company provides competitive compensation and benefit package.