Currently seeking a Controller for a great opportunity in the Portsmouth, NH area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years current experience working in acute care hospital and have 5 years experience working in an accounting position.
Requirements of the Controller
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 2 years current experience working in an acute care hospital
- 5 years experience working in an accounting position
- 3 years of management experience required
Responsibilities of the Controller
- Oversees all and assists in preparing month end-closing procedures. Reviews daily work product including month-end close documents and journal entries produced by accounting staff.
- Works closely with other department heads, to assist with any accounting function related questions.
- Oversees and assists in preparing all internal audit work papers.
- Oversees and prepares all Medicare and Medicaid work papers.
- Oversees all daily operations in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll and productivity.
- Reviews all Accounts Payable and payment packages
- Assists, as needed, in the preparation of the hospital budget and the annual hospital business plan.
- Oversees and assists in the preparation of all Sarbanes Oxley key controls including monthly, quarterly, and yearly key controls. Expected to maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements related to the Hospital
- Assists in supervising the daily activities of interns working in the accounting department.
- Serves as a point of contact for all consolidated hospital services including payroll, AP, and Patient Accounting Services.