Controller - NetSuite - Deerfield, Illinois
Our client is growing and has a need for a Controller with NetSuite experience. This is a strong stable company that continues to grow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Supervises and directs all treasury service functions, accounting and payroll activities and staff including accounting records, data processing, forms and accounting procedures.
- Hires, manages, motivates, coaches, and formally evaluates the performance of all direct reports.
- Provides senior management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
- Leads the internal control function and safeguards all assets owned by the company
- Prepares and distributes the financial statements and reports on a monthly basis for internal use.
- Assists and coordinates in the preparation of all company tax filings.
- Coordinates external audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal requirements and statutes.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and corrects any unresolved amounts.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to all financial functions.
- Maintains the functionality of accounting software.
- Responsible for sales and use tax filings.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Develops and maintains relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting institutions in order to facilitate financial activities.
- Enhances functionality of accounting processes in Netsuite.
- Continuously audits payroll practices.
- Owns continuous improvement in fraud protections.
- Owns the accounts receivable functions including cash posting, collection efforts and AR reporting
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares all other reports upon request.
- Participates in organizational initiatives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification.
- 5+ years of accounting management experience in a service provider organization.
- Previous formal training in accounting information systems.
- Netsuite experience preferred.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, tax rules, financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Ability to interpret GAAP to organizational specific circumstances; and ability to apply organizational policies to exceptions that occur.