Controller – Automotive Dealership
Reports the financial condition of the total dealership to the dealer/general manager regularly and accurately. Provides sales and expense analyses summarizing potential problem areas and opportunities for improved profitability relative to monthly and annual forecasts.
Automotive Controller - Essential Duties
- Prepares a complete financial statement monthly according to dealership guidelines and within each manufacturer's format and time frame. Ensures that all manufacturer accounts, including warranty claims, rebates, interest protection and co-op advertising are current and accurate.
- Interprets the financial statement and the daily operating control (DOC) regularly and informs dealer of developing trends.
- Participates in the preparation of short- and long-term financial forecasts for the dealership.
- Provides department managers with detailed financial and management reports.
- Maintains an effective cash management system that forecasts cash funds and makes recommendations for the profitable use of excess cash.
- Directs assessment of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Reviews the general ledger and scheduled accounts. Notes any unusual entries and investigates.
- Reviews the reconciliation of general ledger accounts with outside sources to ensure proper bank reconciliation, reserve accounts, factory payable and floor plan payable.
- Stays abreast of tax code revisions and advises dealer regarding any operational adjustments needed to accommodate revisions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government finance regulations, including filing and/or maintaining of required forms, payroll taxes and deposits, income taxes, retirement plan records etc.
- Manages the dealership computer system to maximize utilization.
- Administers a loss review program and maintains loss reserves for contingent liabilities and trade receivables.
- Meets with dealer to evaluate all insurance renewals.
- Purchases property and liability insurance.
- Prepares and processes all insurance claims.
- Coordinates annual audit (or review) and physical inventory.
- Ensures that all office personnel are using proper accounting procedures and maintaining accurate records and analyses and supervises the preparation of all information for the CPA in order to minimize audit or review costs.
- Continually strives to improve data integrity and information reporting throughout the dealership.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience as a controller.
- Experience working at an automotive dealership.
To learn more, please contact Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.