Our client, a producer of top quality Portland and masonry cements, has an immediate opening for Control Room Operator.SummaryThe Control Room Operator operates the process control console in the central control room to start, stop and make appropriate adjustments required to control and optimize the processes of the kiln, mills and other process equipment.All shifts required including Saturday and Sunday.Responsibilities
- Safety: Understand and comply with all safety regulations. Be able to identify and correct safety hazards; participate in regular safety training, safety topic meetings and task training. Cooperate with all external inspectors as necessary.
- Operate and monitor the production process from the control room to assure safe, efficient operation.
- Operates kiln system; coal; raw and finish mills; raw blending and storage systems; hazardous waste fuel systems; and any other related auxiliary equipment from control panels.
- Operates the Process Control Console in the central control room to start, stop and make appropriate adjustments required to control and optimize the processes of the kiln, mills and other process equipment.
- Maintains and improves specified operating conditions and anticipates operational problems through the use of charts, manuals, gauges, trend lines, monitors, instruments, indicators, process censors, visual checks, etc.
- Retrieves and enters data into appropriate logs, reports and spreadsheets.
- Works in conjunction with the lab to maintain proper chemistry and physical specifications of in process and finished products.
- Directs shift personnel to troubleshoot operational problems.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots work-related and process problems by utilizing all available resources including management of time and personnel.
- Makes phone calls to emergency services as required. May receive, screen and direct incoming phone calls and other inquiries during periods of time when the switchboard is not open.
- Must successfully complete on-the-job training provided by the designated department supervisor or otherwise qualified employee
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com