Coordinates activities of workers engaged in the monitoring of the control panel, which includes making necessary adjustments to the kiln’s raw and finish grinding, and the material handling systems. This is a working lead position that supports the Production Manager in all aspects of operations. Must be able to take appropriate action under abnormal and emergency conditions.
- Safety is a prime consideration in this position. Employees must wear proper protective equipment and follow appropriate safety procedures in all areas where duties are performed.
- Maintain continuous surveillance of the kiln and mill processes during the assigned shift.
- Maintain liaison with quality control to ensure uniform processing
- Conduct safety inspections of the department and maintain good housekeeping.
- Conduct Continuous Improvement and Safety Meetings with departmental employees on a regular basis.
- Keep accurate, neat, timely records of equipment and process as directed.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs within capabilities to maintain continuous operation and assist in the field as needed.
- Determine the need for assistance from the service departments (electrical, maintenance, mobile equipment, etc.) and request appropriate personnel through the Team Leader.
- Provide on-the-job training to team members.
- Will perform clean-up and housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Oversees and works with employees assigned to the operation of the control room and ensures that the work is done safely and all safety rules and guidelines are followed.
- Observes and evaluates the performance of current employees; informs employees of policies and ensures adherence.
- Provide direction for a high-performance production team.
- Set the proper example in attitude, punctuality, and use of Continuous Improvement tools.
- Recognize exceptional performance.
- Handle performance problems in an appropriate and consistent manner.
- Involve and empower employees, when appropriate.
- Ability to organize, effectively, and clearly communicate assigned tasks, to ensure engagement of the workforce
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years cement plant experience working as Control Room Leader or Production Shift Supervisor is required.
- Must be willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Associates or technical degree (2 years) desired
- Safety/MSHA Requirements
- Team leadership skills