Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Contracts Manager at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for facilitating day-to-day management of the Contracts department in accordance with Company Procedures. The incumbent will oversee supervision of department staff to ensure that all aspects of the business cycle relating to proposals, contracts, administration, invoicing and any warranty claims are efficiently handled in compliance with corresponding work instructions and procedures. The Contracts Manager will also assist in all administrative functions of the department.
- Supervise, monitor and assist Contracts staff in the performance of their duties.
- Coordinate, review and approve formal proposals / pricing with engineering, estimating, program management, marketing and the executive. Subsequent to proposal submission and contract being awarded, ensure effective contract administration and monitoring.
- Negotiate contracts for both domestic and export customers.
- Receive, review and respond to customer enquiries – specialized aspects of this include familiarity with frequently changing Canadian and U.S. Government regulations.
- Coordinate and negotiate financial papers associated with contracts (i.e. Letters of Credit, Performance Bonds, and Banker’s Guarantee).
- Contribute to overall corporate profitability by ensuring that proposals meet financial requirements and that the agreed to T+C’s (Terms and Conditions) adequately protect the company in all eventualities.
- Communicate regularly with all other departments.
- Other duties as assigned, such as committees, infrastructure, etc.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or Business Administration diploma from a recognized university or college.
- 5 to 8 years of business / management experience.
- Contracts administration experience is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian government or standard industry terms and conditions; understanding of Commercial Law as it related to terms and conditions.
- Familiarity with Canadian and U.S. government regulations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Negotiation skills in confrontational situations.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)