Contracts Manager (Aerospace)
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has a great opportunity for a Contracts Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for facilitating day-to-day management of the Contracts department in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Supervise, monitor and assist Contracts staff in the performance of their duties.
- Coordinate, review and approve formal proposals / pricing with engineering, estimating, program management, Operations and the executive. Subsequent to proposal submission and contract being awarded, ensure effective contract introduction, administration, monitoring and compliance.
- Negotiate contracts for both domestic and export customers.
- Manage the receipt, review and response to customer enquiries – specialized aspects of this include familiarity with frequently changing Canadian and U.S. Government regulations.
- Coordinate and negotiate financial papers associated with contracts (i.e. Letters of Credit, Performance Bonds, and Banker's Guarantee).
- Contribute to overall corporate profitability by ensuring that proposals meet financial requirements and that the agreed to T+C's (Terms and Conditions) adequately protect the company in all eventualities.
- Responsibility for annual / monthly sales forecasting, strategic planning and performance to annual / monthly budget
- Communicate regularly with all other departments.
- Other duties as assigned, such as committees, infrastructure, etc.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree, Business Administration diploma from a recognized university or college or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of business / management experience.
- Contracts administration experience is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian government or standard industry terms and conditions; understanding of Commercial Law as it relates to terms and conditions.
- Familiarity with Canadian and U.S. government regulations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Candidates who are chosen for the position will need to pass a security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program and obtain and maintain a Contract Security clearance at the Reliability Status level
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)