BCTG's direct client is looking for a Contract Specialist for a contract-to-hire role. MUST be local to South Jersey/South Philly and US citizen or GC holder. This position will be responsible for the review, negotiation and management of customer contracts and will work closely with other VMO & Procurement Specialists, possibly attorneys, as well as management and business professionals to facilitate timely review and completion of a high volume of contracts and various agreements, in accordance with policies and standards. This individual will also interface with outside providers and peers in connection with these contracts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review, negotiate and execute a variety of agreements.
- Ensure the contracts are executed consistently with policies and SOPs.
- Track the status of contracts and projects and regularly communicate to stakeholders.
- Archive contracts and manage contract databases.
- Respond to inquiries and requests regarding contracts status and provide guidance with good customer service.
- Interface with external clients and partners.
- Track review volume and turnaround time, and report to management.
- Manage and distribute templates and other documents.
- Utilize all existing means to facilitate the efficient execution of agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Major in legal studies or business studies preferred.
- Paralegal certification would be a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in contract review, negotiation and management.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, adobe acrobat etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of direct working experience, preferably in technology rich environment.
- Demonstrated ability managing and negotiating contracts and driving to a value-based closure.
- Understanding of contract process and common business practices.
- High proficiency in legal writing; excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to perform under tight time pressure, multitask and comply with deadlines.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and interact confidently with management, business areas as well as external clients.
- Ability to quickly learn new information, and conduct risk/benefit analysis; strong analytical skills; demonstrated business acumen.
- Demonstrated team player