Administers and monitors contract performance on all government and industry contracts. As authorized, conducts the negotiation and administration of agreements between the company, customers, subcontractors, and vendors ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts the negotiation and administration of agreements between the company/customers/subcontractors/vendors ensuring adherence to company and government policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing contract solicitation terms, handling contract award confirmations, interpreting agreement terms and conditions, identifying potential issues, reviewing agreement amendments / modifications, and incorporating changes as necessary.
- Administers and monitors contract performance on all contracts.
- Provides support to the Program Managers, Project Leads, Senior Management, and other stakeholders.
- Responds to inquiries regarding contract obligations, revisions, and amendments.
- Provides fulfillment of contract deliverables, assisting with billing and collections, when necessary.
- Conducts proposal preparation for customer requirements.
- Prepares and analyzes proposals.
- Negotiates terms and conditions.
- Monitors contract performance and cost controls and ensures compliance with contract terms.
- Prepares contractual documents, including the preparation of contract terms and conditions, and assembles contract documentation package.
- Participates in management review of proposals, contracts and program reviews.
- Detailed knowledge of government contract administration duties including subcontract flow downs, change management, inspection, acceptance, payment, and records retention
- Detailed knowledge and thorough understanding of proper drafting, negotiation and use of contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and other forms of agreements
- Assists in the preparation of applications, as needed.
- Assists with subcontract negotiation and management.
- Maintains effective internal and external customer relations.
- Perform special projects as requested.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related discipline with related experience as Contract Manager.
- Strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFAR).
- Strong knowledge of Other Transactional Authority (OTA)-based instruments and those not governed by the FAR.
- Eligible for SCI-DCID 6/4 Top Secret Clearance. US citizenship required.
- Certified Federal Contract Manager is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Contract/Purchase Order terms and conditions and detailed knowledge of the government contracting process including sole source and competitive procurements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the terms and conditions appropriate for different contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, T&M, IDIQ, etc.) and their proper use.
- Knowledge of government intellectual property (IP)/ software and data rights clauses and IP marking guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership in National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and CPCM certification desired.
- Proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office, and like programs.