Despite today’s tough retail environment, our multi-billion-dollar client is growing faster than ever! Few companies can boast the kind of performance and opportunity that you’ll find at this Fortune 500 company. As one of the fastest growing retailers in the nation, they’re a leader in their industry niche with sales and profit gains, year-after-year, and an employee bonus that’s paid out at 100% for over 6 years.
The Sourcing group within Procurement is a cross-functional team that collaborates with all indirect departments to provide procurement and sourcing support. The Procurement team collectively manages over $500M in annual spend, executing approximately 300 projects annually. In addition to standard Procurement activities, the Sourcing department also owns and manages the contract management function for all indirect categories throughout the company.
The Contract Manager is responsible for the ownership and content of the contract management tool, ensuring all contracts are routed and approved in adherence to corporate policy, negotiating terms and conditions, and driving contracting excellence.
Contract Management Ownership
- Responsible for the ownership of the contract management tool and processes
- Ensure all contracts are entered into the system with the correct attributes (description, dates, contract type, notification dates, key terms, etc.)
- Preform regular audits of the contract management tool to identify omissions, errors, and make the necessary corrections
- Negotiate contractual terms directly with vendors, suppliers, internal stakeholders, and other business partners. This includes NDAs, MSAs, PSAs, SOWs, Rate agreements, Purchasing agreements, amendments, etc.
Contract Process Execution
- Include best in class contract language, KPIs, metrics, SLA, etc.
- Manage approval workflows, working with the business, Legal, IT and Finance to ensure that all required parties have reviewed and approved the agreement prior to execution
- Implement contracting best practices, process improvements, and procedures
- Develop, maintain, and provide contract reporting to capture metrics that will help drive the continuous improvement of the contract management process
- Provide necessary reporting to the Finance, Audit, and Legal teams for financial reporting purposes
- Provide regular contract expiration reports to identify agreements to be placed in the Sourcing pipeline
- Candidates must have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree , preferably in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in Corporate Contracts; extensive experience negotiating complex agreements that incorporate risk mitigation measures (SLAs, KPIs) and contract governance procedures to ensure value capture