This position will conduct proposal reviews, contract negotiation, and administration of major government and commercial contracts. Requires the ability to develop solutions to complex business/contractual problems using a high degree of analysis and understanding of internal and external policies and regulations. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and customer service skills, works well in a team environment, and is detail-oriented and organized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers contracts, including negotiation, correspondence and documentation for major contracts.
- Administers contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management staff.
- Prepares and reviews prime contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, task orders, contract modifications, teaming and/or non-disclosure agreements.
- Review, escalate, and/or resolve issues affecting compliance and ensure the satisfaction of contract requirements as well as company and customer objectives
- Experience: Four to five years contract experience in technology or communications industries
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and summarize bids, proposals, contracts and other legal documents efficiently and effectively to verify accuracy, completeness and compliance.
- Must be customer service focused and have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to prioritize, plan and analyze and execute multiple and complex contract related activities
** Working knowledge and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFAR). (desired but not required)
- Solid analytical, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Team player with history of success in communicating with all levels of management and customers.
- Demonstrated capabilities in written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- 3+ years’ experience in drafting, analyzing, amending and negotiating contract required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the state and federal procurement regulations highly preferred but not required.
Desired Skills: Desired Skills: Experience in software as a Service (SaaS) experience preferred but not required. Certification in government contracts, contract management, and/or procurement preferred but not required. Paralegal Certification preferred but not required.