Plan and facilitate projects utilizing cross functional teams to drive sustainable improvements that will allow the company to realize a higher degree of efficiency and quality in all aspects of the business. To guide the organization in the lean journey through the incorporation of visual management and flow of goods to the customer.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Review and study existing equipment, facilities, systems, and processes to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
• Assess the organization for greatest opportunities for waste reduction
• Develop a detailed project plan to prioritize all identified improvement projects. Assign teams and update projects as necessary. Hold teams accountable to meet milestone dates.
• Directs development of actions plan and estimates requirements for resources, management, labor, materials, and time needed to complete improvement projects.
• Use lean tools (Waste reduction, problem solving, value stream mapping) to accomplish goals.
• Work with audit team to assist in internal and external auditing as necessary
• Provide divisional Continuous Improvement related trainings and participate in corporate committees
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering, business, project management or related field required.
• Six Sigma Green Belt. If not currently certified, candidate agrees to pursue certification.
• Entry level.
• Data driven individual who is able to work as an individual contributor and a team player.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team! Continuous Improvement Specialist Continuous Improvement Specialist Continuous Improvement Specialist Continuous Improvement Specialist Continuous Improvement Specialist