endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the Work Plant Rules and Work Safety Rules.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments in all areas of your assigned department per the established procedures and work guidance.
- Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- Clean all assigned work areas after completion of the required work according to 5s standards.
- Maintain proper radio etiquette when using company radios, PA System and/or phone, business use only.
- Maintain professionalism when representing the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Duties:
- Determine staffing requirements with Operations for new launches or CI changes
- Supervise direct reporting staff according to overall company policy
- Apply strategic planning to determine company, department or unit objectives
- Set direct report goals and objectives
- Develop staff to maximize potential
- Monitor staff performance including performance reviews
- Delegate work duties to staff to attain objectives
- Allocate use of available company resources
- Monitor and assist staff with work progress
- Evaluate current business processes and systems
- Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Co-ordinate financial and budget activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Facilitate the preparation and analysis of reports
- Review performance data (financial, sales and activity reports) to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels
- Responsible for the achievement of department/division/unit productivity and quality goals
- Responsible for evaluation and quoting of new business for the plant while working with Corp counterparts.
- Directs and has overall supervisory responsibility for the facility’s Continuous Improvement efforts, including but not limited to Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Cost Reduction and Kaizen Events.
- Leads plant’s cost reduction and profit improvement efforts and implements plans to achieve those objectives.
- Bachelor degree with 5-7 experience in a related field
- Excellent computer including typing and the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- (5) five or more years experience Supervising in a manufacturing environment, prefer union experience.
- Ability to read, write and perform non-complex mathematical calculations
- Must be a team player having excellent communication, organization, negotiation and interpersonal skills as well as analytical skills
- Must be able to function in a fast pace and high demanding environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task and follow direction
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.