Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Leader.
This is a full-time exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to facilitate continuous improvement activities by planning and monitoring continuous improvement team actions.
- Review and study existing equipment, facilities, systems, and processes to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
- Assess the organization for greatest opportunities for waste reduction.
- Develop action plans and estimates for resources, management, labor, materials, and time to complete projects.
- Prioritize all identified improvement projects.
- Assign teams, update projects, and hold teams accountable to meet milestone dates.
- Coach teams in the implementation of lean methods including the development and execution of training programs.
- Use lean tools (Waste reduction, problem solving, value stream mapping) to accomplish goals.
- Publish Key Performance Indicators and facilitate development of recovery plan as required.
- Research Industry for best practices in lean methods and implement as applicable.
- Lead divisional implementation of new and existing MOS requirements.
- Support Corporate initiatives related to CI, 6S, TPM, and MOS policies.
- Act as liaison with Magellan divisions sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Report status of activities to Continuous Improvement Council.
To perform this job successfully, requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or four years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have good understanding of "Lean" principles. Black Belt or Green Belt Six Sigma Certificate preferred. Excellent communications, organizational, and time management skills. Familiar with project management software tools; MS project would be a plus. Familiarity with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA’s), Lean, Value Stream, DMAIC and problem solving tools.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Confidentiality Continuous Improvement Leader Continuous Improvement Leader Continuous Improvement Leader Continuous Improvement Leader Continuous Improvement Leader
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Continuous Improvement Leader Continuous Improvement Leader Continuous Improvement Leader Continuous Improvement Leader Continuous Im
*cbnt Leader Continuous Improvement Leader