Magellan Aerospace Kitchener has an exciting opportunity for CI Coordinator. This is a new and full-time position where the person will focus on facilitating Lean projects, overseeing time studies/setting up analysis and providing training/guidance in Lean Methods and Six Sigma. Please note, re-location costs will not be covered.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Work closely with Magellan Continuous Improvement and MOS (Magellan Operating System) divisional teams in support of the strategic plan
• Facilitate Lean Six Sigma projects and develop new innovative improvements
• Support 6S initiatives including auditing
• 6S auditing and support
• Perform deep analysis of transactional and operations processes and identify NVA activities for elimination or reduction.
• Use of engineering tools
• Research Industry for best practices in lean methods, Six Sigma and implement as applicable
• Coach and facilitate teams in the implementation of lean methods and Six Sigma
• Support, lead and assist in defined Six Sigma Projects.
• Analyze operations to identify NVA activities, achievable standards for run and set up.
• Work with the CI team to develop, improve and implement new CI improvements on an ongoing basis.
• Relevant diploma; degree an asset (Industrial engineering preferred)
• Strong Project Management & Presentation Skills
• Six Sigma/6S - minimum Green belt
• Strong presentation skills; must be able to present to senior management
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Experience with MS Project
• Strong interpersonal skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!