Reporting to the Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager, the CI Specialist facilitates various improvement activities which will deliver significant operational, safety and financial benefits, while providing the expertise and leadership necessary to carry out the Continuous Improvement process throughout all areas of the Glendale facility.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages.
• Provides event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure achievement of expected benefits. Work hands-on on shop floor improvement activities. (70%)
• Leads or co-leads various improvement events using methods of culture-appropriate team building, team energizing, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, project management and presentation skills. (10%)
• Develops reports of overall Continuous Improvement activities including 68 and MOS scores, accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and anticipated needs. (10%)
• Conducts CI training (5%)
• Supports CI activities at other Magellan sites (5%)
• Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience in casting process is required.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being pe1formed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.