Continuous Improvement Apprentice.
Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Apprentice.Please quote HR (Ref:002) on your CV
Duration: 3 years
Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Ethics – do you reflect Magellan’s core values? Do you like working within an exciting, fast paced environment? Do you want to be part of global transformation? What are you waiting for… apply today!
As a member of our Continuous Improvement team you will work with all departments from Project Management, Planning, Quality, and Engineering and support our production colleagues in overcoming challenges and providing sustainable solutions for a better future. You will gain and grow your technical knowledge and skillsets and deliver projects with tangible outcomes.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- To undertake a range of tasks suited to the current level of training and development
- To attend College/meetings with assessors and complete course work on time and to a high standard
- To produce, maintain and be responsible for content, accuracy of all course work.
- To take on additional responsibility in 3rd year of Apprenticeship
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in regular training and development reviews with line management, mentor, HR representatives.
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- 5 GCSE at grade C (4) or equivalent including Maths & English & Science.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Analytical & Creative nature
- Can use a computer and competent in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Enthusiastic Problem solver
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft software packages
You will Gain:
- BIT Apprenticeship Framework – L2 and L3 Qualification
- = inc. NVQ and EAL L3 Award in Industrial Environment Awareness cert.
Core Attributes and Competences:
- To have Integrity
- Respectful to others
- Creative in finding ways to do things better
- Act ethically in all you do
- Collaborate well with others
- Hand eye co-ordination for prolonged periods
- Attention to detail and diligence (right first time)
- Initiative in time management and method
- Significant levels of concentration required
- Good written & verbal communicator
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!