Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Continual Improvement (CI) Facilitator at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The CI Facilitator will work with the site team to expedite the implementation of the continual improvement program at Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
The Continual Improvement (CI) Facilitator will work with the site team to expedite the implementation of the continual improvement program at Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg.
- Compile and analyze production data and KPIs. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct Continual Improvement events such as Continual Improvement Clinics.
- Interface with multiple departments, external sources, and top management as related to Continual Improvement activities.
- Facilitate meetings, projects and/or programs to provide teams with direction.
- Ensure the momentum of projects and/or programs is maintained through to completion.
- Provide training and be a focal point for Foreign Object Debris (FOD), 6S, and Human Factors.
- Review and creation of standard operating procedures/work instructions.
- A passion for making positive change and achieving objectives.
- The ability to promote a teamwork atmosphere that motivates the team to meet its objectives, without having direct authority over the team members.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills and enjoy team work.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Relevant post-secondary diploma / degree from a recognized college or university and/or experience in a Manufacturing environment will be considered an asset.
- Exposure to and/or training in the following would be considered an asset:
- Lean/Six Sigma methodology & Root Cause Analysis/Problem solving.
- Lean concepts and tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 6S, Kaizan, Gemba.
- Foreign Object Damage/Debris.
- Human Factors.
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Program or Project Management.
- Total Productive Maintenance.
- Hoshin Kanri.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are recommended in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.