Remote - Contact Center Specialist- Physician Revenue Cycle
Strivant Health is a fast-growing Medical Billing/Revenue Cycle Management company. We partner with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes, and technology. We provide Medical Billing, Collections, Call Centers, Cash Applications, Patient Access, Authorizations, Credentialing, and Analytics designed to maximize our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 10,000 providers representing 32+ specialties and over 30+ technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Benefits: Strivant Health offers its employees excellent benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), paid holidays, and PTO.
Location: 100% Remote
Hours: Monday - Friday. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, EASTERN
Status: Full Time, benefits eligible
Remote - Contact Center Specialist - Physician Revenue Cycle
The Contact Center Specialist offers customer support via telephone inbound and outbound calls. The Contact Center Specialist provides a strong customer relationship between our clients and their members. This includes handling patient relations, answering member and provider telephone inquiries around insurance billing, payment processing and patient scheduling. The Contact Center Specialist also explains basic coverage details, sets up patient payment plans and maintains a strong working knowledge of client processes. The Contact Center Specialist also performs insurance eligibility and validation errors, patient insurance and billing updates in practice management systems, and provides peer training and QA.
- Answer phones and assist callers
- Inform patients of their financial liability
- Explain medical billing and collections information to patients according to our records
- Resolve customer inquiries via telephone email, and mail
- Update patient information and computer records, as needed
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers
- Review patient account and document customer’s interaction and feedback
- Negotiate appropriate and reasonable payments with customers
- Set up customer payments via check, electronic transfer or credit card
- Submit request for refunds to the designated provider office
- Assists with referrals, scheduling, registration, or other front office duties to meet the needs of the patients and clients
- Provides exceptional customer service and support over the phone. The Contact Center Specialist must calmly resolve and/or de-escalate issues with optimal customer satisfaction as a priority.
- Perfoms insurance eligibiltiy and researches eligibility validation errors using client EMRs, payer portals or a combination of both
- Ability to update patient insurance and bill corresponding claims to updated payer
- Utilizes multiple client EMR's and practice management systems
- Strong verbal/written skills and ability to communicate with patients and clients as required to resolve billing questions
- May provide peer training where required and assist in developing or revising SOPs
- Ability to understand and read payer EOB's and have the ability to provide detailed explanation to patients
- Other related duties, as appropriate
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-years of customer service experience, required.
- A minimum of 3-year experience in a medical office or medical call center environment, required.
- Prior experience with medical scheduling, patient registration or patient billing software required.
- Prior experience explaining EOBs to patients, preferred
- Computer Skills Required: Prior experience using a computer and applications associated with performing basic work tasks (navigating in Windows, Outlook, multiple internet websites, etc.)
- Data Entry Required: Prior experience entering data and calculating items for processing; input of data into computer systems with attention to detail. May be required to complete a pre-employment computer skills or data entry/typing tests may be required.
- Exceptional communication skills required: Must be able to speak with courteously and professionalism and take the time to understand the needs and concerns of others. Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment utilizing multiple reference resources
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
Strivant Health provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. At Strivant Health, we conform to the spirit and the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
We are looking forward to reviewing your resume!
No agencies, please!
Search tags: Customer Service Rep, Patient Access, Patient Financial Rep, Scheduling Rep, Revenue Cycle, RCM, Accounts Receivables Rep, Patient Account Rep, Patient Service Rep, Account Rep, Medical Coding, Medical Credentialing, Medical Referrals, Medical Billing, Physician Billing, Hospital Billing, Patient Verification.
Job Type: Full-time