Our client, located in the greater Washington, DC area, has an opening for an experienced Construction Scheduler.
The position will support the development and implementation of best practices in project controls as an integrated part of the Program Management Support Services. The successful candidate will be client and quality oriented, possess strong verbal and written presentation skills, capable of communicating at multiple levels of management, both internal and external, with demonstrated ability in achieving the overall project objectives.
This position is responsible for the timely review and analysis of all contractors’ monthly schedule updates, schedule claims, requests for acceleration, and the proactive development of schedule alternatives to ensure the project is completed as efficiently as possible. This review and analysis will require interfacing with design, Right-of-Way (ROW), procurement, construction, and startup teams to be familiar with the various project aspects, their inter-dependencies and “causes” and “effects” of any schedule delay issues.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Review the design and construction drawings and plans, analyze and develop detailed project schedules using standard coding and work breakdown structures (WBS).
Determine and analyze critical paths of a CPM schedule.
Conduct schedule performance reviews.
Participate in constructability and risk analysis.
Generate graphical and tabulated reports in order to demonstrate and analyze contractors’ performance and progress.
Provide specialized schedule services, i.e.; develop what-if scenarios, conduct time impact analysis, support contract and change management teams, generate weekly, monthly and quarterly schedule reports.
Training and Experience
Click here to apply online
- 6-8 years minimum experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of CPM based scheduling for heavy civil/transit projects required.
- Proven understanding of Time Impact Analysis (TIA), scheduling claims and delay analysis are required skills.
- In-depth experience with Primavera (P6), Acumen Fuse and similar databases and an advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications are required.
- Verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- A BS degree in engineering or related discipline is required.
For consideration submit resume to email@example.com