Construction Project Manager
Our client, with a location in Chattanooga, Tennessee, has an opening for Senior Construction Project Manager.
- Supervise all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, and schedule.
- Ensure project schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood. Oversee project budget, forecasting, and cost estimation.
- Secure all required permits and verify insurance coverage for subs.
- Assist with preconstruction efforts as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate all project meetings required to successfully coordinate work activity.
- Coordinate with Superintendent to develop site logistics plan.
- Supervise and manage project team members; set goals and evaluate performance.
- Train and develop direct reports utilizing on the job and internal and external training or development opportunities.
- Have thorough knowledge of all major project issues and priorities; prepare and submit monthly job status reports.
- Provide general administrative and technical leadership for the project. Maintain all project records and monitor correspondence.
- Supervise close out of project.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with counterparts at owner and engineering firms.
- Participate in proposals and presentations as requested.
- Undergraduate degree required in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field. Graduate degree in engineering or business a plus. DBIA and LEED Accreditation a plus.
- 8+ years construction experience required; working for a general contractor .
- Experience managing projects successfully from start to finish.
- Skilled at negotiating and developing relationships with owners and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team; minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Passion for the work and industry a must.
Click here to apply online