CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
The Construction Project Manager will provide direction and support of the development of commercial properties from our client’s Los Angeles office. Projects should be completed within a specified time (on schedule) and within a defined cost (on budget). The Construction Project Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with development, leasing and tenant coordination team members to successfully coordinate due diligence, entitlement scheduling, consultant management, budgeting, reporting, construction, tenant lease coordination for new and existing commercial projects.
- Manage schedule and budget and coordinate project consultants through the project life cycle (i.e., schematic studies, due diligence, design development, construction documents, bidding documents, etc.)
- Coordinate with Legal, Leasing and Asset Management to ensure that lease language and terms of delivery are met (i.e., ability to review and draft construction work letters)
- Ensure all sites and existing conditions, including parking, meet the lease required documentation and ensure delivery is achievable the earliest possible date.
- Provide budget estimates, as necessary, in a timely manner.
- Review tenant / landlord drawings to ensure they are in accordance with the lease, existing conditions, and budget.
- Lead the construction process of qualifying, bidding, negotiating and awarding of contracts.
- Provide timely construction cost estimates for a wide range of projects and assist the team in the preparation of the project development budgets and proforma studies.
- Work closely with project Development Manager in establishing, reporting and managing development schedule.
- Manage pre-construction, construction and closeout phase of assigned projects including criteria review as well as coordination with applicable architect(s) and engineer(s).
- Manage job costs and assist in updates to the project cost control system (on budget).
- Manage the contracting process and contract administration with consultants and general contractors.
- Interact and communicate (collaboration) with all inter-office departments for successful job life cycle.
- 5+ years in a retail construction-related field from either the landlord/owner or GC sides of the business.
- Bachelor Degree required with a Major in Architecture, Construction Management or Civil Engineering a plus
- General computer software skills including Microsoft Project is required; Auto-CAD experience is a plus
- Strong Communication skills (verbal & written) are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with tenants and other departments a must.
- Ability to travel to the properties on a regular basis (mostly day travel)