Construction Project Coordinator - Norcross, GA - Top Construction Related Company
Top Atlanta Construction related firm has an immediate need for a Construction Project Coordinator. This is a permanent opportunity with a strong stable company. As a Project Coordinator, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect.
In this position, you will serve as the primary link and main point of contact between our internal project managers for your assigned projects. Therefore, you must have excellent communication, management, customer service, problem-solving, organizational skills, and a strong focus on safety.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Work with stake holders to develop time lines and the project schedule, identify the critical path and set bench marks
- Select and assign approved trade partners to schedule activities and purchase orders
- Coordinate and conduct an onsite pre-construction meetings with stake holders and key trade partners
- Review/red-line blue prints, proposals, purchase orders and scopes of work then provide feedback to the design team
- Confirm all building materials have been ordered for the project
- Obtain building permits.
Construction & Building Phase
- Visit assigned projects daily and prepare detailed daily progress reports for all stake holders to review
- Maintain a clean & safe project site.
- Coordinate Material Delivery’s and verify they match what was selected, are undamaged, quantities, and are ready for install.
- Coordinate and verify approved trade partners are confirmed and on site for their assigned schedule activities.
- Coordinate and schedule building inspections.
- Manage the project budget for assigned projects
- Coordinate and attend weekly meetings with management
- Establish and maintain effective, professional business relations with vendors, customers, and coworkers
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude in all correspondence both within and outside the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
Punch/close out Phase
- Identify and define punch list with clients
- Educate home owners on warranty submittal process
- Develop check lists utilizing “ToDo’s” and assign work to corresponding trade partners
- Coordinate with trade partners to completed punch list, ensure trade partners are doing complete work while completing assigned punch list items and assist in completing these items as necessary to ensure the project closes on time.
- Coordinate and or preform warranty work as needed
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills (Bilingual is a plus), with an innate focus on customer service and a high level of professionalism.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of software applications, specifically Project Management & Design Software, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Professional experience or knowledge of all stages of construction including Framing, Siding, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Low-volt, Windows & Door installation Including Basement Egress Systems, Drywall, Tile, Flooring, Trim & Cabinets, Painting, General Handyman & Punch List Items.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a desire to learn new skills, be challenged, and demonstrate growth potential.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with a track record for accuracy
- Willingness to remain flexible and adapt to change as we continue to grow as a company
Click here to apply online
- 0-3 years of professional work experience in the construction trades
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Project Management preferred
- Knowledge of business-to-business practices and techniques
- Sage software is a plus