please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking a General Manager in Huntsville, AL for our Northeast Alabama Construction operations reporting directly to the Vice President. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to recruit, train, development and retain employees while focused on uncompromised excellence in safety, quality, and productivity. Duties include but not limited to:
- Working directly with the Vice President to manage the day-to-day business activity for grading, utilities, site prep, concrete, and asphalt paving with a team of 550+ employees across 5 counties in North, Alabama.
- Oversee the successful building of heavy highway, commercial, city, county, residential, and DOD work with Redstone Arsenal.
- Manage approximately 5-6 direct reports responsible for civil site construction, utilities, project management, logistics, and other duties related to road construction.
- Ensure projects are being managed to meet strict production deadlines and financial metrics.
- Be involved in reviewing estimates on projects ranging from $150K-$75M.
- Take part in monthly DOT lettings with estimating and production teams.
- Maintain good working relationships with ALDOT, City, County, and customers.
- Maintain good working relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all construction processes with an emphasis on civil work.
- Ability to communicate and work with senior management to achieve the necessary goals set for specific projects
- Proven ability to supervise, train, and develop personnel
- Must be able to perform in a team atmosphere, need good inquiry skills
- Ability to view plans and proposals, visualize the job and see the opportunities
- Proven performer with bottom-line responsibility
- Manage projects involving incentives/disincentives with strict deadlines.
- 10-15 years of direct industry experience, along w a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field of study preferred; estimating experience and P&L responsibility is a plus. Professional Engineer or equivalent preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker with growth in mind
- Familiarity with HSSS suite (Heavy Bid, Heavy Job), as well as excellent skills in MS suites and excel.