Construction Accounting Assistant
Accounting Assistant, Denver, Colorado
Our client is a growing development and construction firm with headquarters in Denver, Colorado. With multiple active construction jobs in Colorado, we are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our team.
We are seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant who will be responsible for providing functional support to the Controller. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for accurate and timely preparation of various accounting entries, reports and projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive and review day-to-day invoices, subcontracts, change orders, purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, budget, and contractual requirements.
- Accurate processing of accounts payable. Enter invoices, approved draws, purchase orders, etc.
- Update monthly analysis and prepares budget trend reports for construction projects.
- Maintain accurate construction records and reports (examples: photo logs, change orders, field reports, safety)
- Assist with month-end and quarterly closing activities.
- Assist with year-end closing activities and audit preparation for job cost certifications.
- Communicate project information to superintendents, subcontractors, vendors, and related construction professionals
- Perform a wide range of accounting and administrative duties to support the accounting department. Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's Degree (2 years) in Accounting or Business (minimum). Preferred: Bachelor's Degree (4 years) in Accounting or Business
- 3+ years of accounting experience. Experience in accounting for construction company preferred.
- Software: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (at an advanced level) and Microsoft Word. Experience with Procore, Sage Timberline, or other construction management preferred.
Click here to apply online